What to look for in a Childcare Centre
Kids, they are such a joy and delight to be around. They can brighten your day and put a smile on your face. Choosing a childcare centre that best suits their needs is surely a priority to all loving parents.
Have you ever wondered how childcare centres first came about? Leaving children to be looked after by paid carers was born out of necessity. Picture France in the late 19th Century. Immigrants and the working class in general faced poverty and very poor living conditions. Families were compelled to seek places to leave their children so that mothers could go to work in the hopes of improving the families standard of living. It was a first.
Childcare was introduced to New Zealand in the late 1800’s. Single parents or married women paid caregivers to take care of their children. Sometimes it was a temporary thing, but slowly it became more permanent. This became known as unofficial adoption and the inadequate culture was exposed to the public and labelled baby farming. There were even cases of children dying from the neglect of unqualified caregivers. There were numerous cover ups.
Thankfully those difficult times are well behind us and most childcare centres offer professional childcare from qualified teachers. You can find childcare centres all over the world with very strict policies regarding child welfare. These centres range in size, some privately owned, others managed and paid for by the government. Children with both parents working, or from single parent homes are often taken to all-day care, where they are well looked after, fed and even assisted in general development.
Where do you begin searching for the BEST childcare centre for your kids?
- The first thing would be to search locally for a child centre near you, or near to your work of place.
- You can ask for referrals from friends who have used or are using the local childcare centres.
- It’s always a valuable exercise to research the child centre history; avoiding centres with a history of negative feedback and reviews. You can use a search engine like Google to run a check on the centre using their name. If you feel the daycare centre has too many negative comments, it is likely best to move on to an option that is more favorably reviewed by users.
- Visit the childcare Centre in person. Take a tour around the facility, making sure everything is clean and tidy. Trying to find this information over the phone is insufficient. While you are there, ask questions that will guarantee that your child/children will be well looked after. You should ask about the Manager of the centre, their background, qualifications and education relating to childhood development. Ask questions regarding the curriculum that the childcare centre offers including the regular activities.
- Make sure you are getting value for your money.
- Some families are entitled to a childcare subsidy. Click on this link to find out if you meet the requirements.
Give your children the very best care by enrolling them at Childsplay Unlimited. We have two fantastic childcare centres, one in Mt Roskill and the other in Kingsland. You can choose the one that is convenient to you. With our clean history, we employ only the best teachers, who will nurture and care for your kids while providing a positive learning environment. They will have fun learning new things everyday while enjoying the wide variety of exciting activities available for them.
Your childs wellbeing is our priority. Our facilities are kept clean and safe at all times, so your kids can stay healthy throughout the year. Parents are always most welcome to pop in, in fact we encourage it. Come see for yourself why Childsplay Unlimited is the right choice for and your children.